Wednesday, 29 October 2014

More TYW pictures added

Have added 38 more pictures to the Thirty Years War archive page (see link on right hand side)...

Here are just a few of what's included, from full table layouts and battle scenes, to individual units, command vignettes and small set-pieces (like the infamous witch vignettes, originally shown on my old Breitenfeld blog)...












Don't worry; the archives updating project is almost at an end, and I'll have some fresh stuff to show for my main 18th century Pils-Holstein project very soon.

Meanwhile, as always your comments are welcome... (it's the only way I know anyone's visiting and interested!!!).

Cheers for your support.


 
 

6 comments:

Phil said...

Absolutly stunning, the last three pictures are outstanding!

Anonymous said...

Astonishing - just the finest inspiration.
Thank you Phil.
Austin

David Jarvis said...

Wonderful to see these marvellous figures Phil. The TYW is a fascinating period, and these pictures help to bring it alive. Wagner lives! :)
Dave

Phil said...

Thanks for your supportive comments. This is my favourite collection, other than the current 18th century project.
Phil

Allan Tidmarsh said...

Nice to see all those extra photos

-- Allan

Jiminho said...

Very nice to see these again! The first time I saw pictures of your TYW collection on line I started to read up on the period. I have resisted the lead temptation so far but I doubt there is a period with as much swashbuckle and flair or as much diversity.

thanks for posting this archive!

Jim