Monday 7 January 2019

New Year, Napoleonics, Successors and other thoughts

I decided not to do one of those long-winded "review of last year/plans for the year ahead" type posts, on the grounds that there are plenty of those out there, and whilst I do have some key hobby plans and thoughts for the year ahead, you'll see them in plenty of time when I actually put them into practice.

So, for now, I'll simply show a few pictures of what I've been up to, and you can get on with the rest of your surfing!

First up I've been slowly building up a few 1813 campaign Napoleonics. Just for the fun of it.
French and Prussians so far...







I've also been tinkering along a few other bits of the collection, namely the Macedonian Successer army, including these Peltasts...

















I'm currently working on some Astrovian artillery for the Wars of the Vaubarian Succession (1704)

I'm enjoying the variety, and the chance to just paint whatever I fancy for the moment, tinkering with parts of the collection as the mood takes me. I do have a new project i'm assembling for a display game over the next couple of years. figures are on order, and I'm on Postman Watch every morning... no sign yet, but I'm sure they won't be long.

May I wish you a prosperous, productive, and enjoyable 2019.

11 comments:

  1. A nice eclatic mix there Phil. Good to have some variety isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prussians, beautiful Prussians...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phil,

    Happy New Year. What a wonderful surprise this morning to see a new post and hear about what you're doing.

    All the best for 2019

    Stephen Caddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Phil!

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking just great Phil! Happy New Year!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you posting Phil happy New Year!
    Willie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Phil! Yes, it's nice to be able to dabble in what you fancy. I've been doing that for the last six months. But now Ayton looms and I REALLY need to focus! :)

    Look forward to seeing your progress this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bit of a surprise as in the past you've said you don't do Napoleonics. Those Prussians look really nice - and compatible with my mate Kevin who is building up to the Battle oF Wavre at 1:20 scale, probably in 2020. Nice to hear you are happy with the pace of your hobbying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks all for your comments... and happy 2019 to each and every one of you!
    I've done Napoleonics in the past, up to a brigade or two, but then sold them on. its a huge undertaking to do it "properly", and for now I'm just dabbling. The new display project is something different entirely!!
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated New Year greetings. Some interesting dabbling going on there. Intrigued at your new secret project. All the best. Colin

    ReplyDelete
  11. And a belated Happy New Year from me too, Phil! This is a fine selection of figures...Good to hear you are enjoying your "hobbying"! Cheers, Rohan.

    ReplyDelete