Thursday 30 April 2020

VWC - First Meeting

Having floated the idea of a Virtual Wargames Club in my previous post, I wasn't quite sure what to expect in terms of a response.

Well, I'm delighted to say that enough readers have emailed to say they'd like to be involved for this to get off the ground, so our first meeting is in the diary for 11.30am UK time on Saturday.
A big 'thank you' to those who have emailed and joined the virtual regiment (surely it won't be long before we start designing colours, and logos..!)


It's a small, but elite group of fellows so far. If you'd like to join the throng, email me:
phil(at)philolley(dot)com.

I'll be sending out the zoom invitations this evening, so look out in your inboxes (and check your spam folders if you don't receive).

If you're reading this after the invitations have gone out, do still email me, and I'll be able to add you.

So, if you'd like to spend 'coffee time' for an hour in the company of fellow wargamers from around the globe (we are already 'international' in our membership), then do get in touch. If you only wish to join for a few minutes, that's ok too... it doesn't have to be the full hour.

The conversation will be all about wargaming, painting, and the sort of stuff you are likely to bore your spouse to death with in lockdown! The sort of stuff we talk about when we meet in person, at shows, at clubs. 
There will be a bit of 'show n tell' too for those who want to show what they're working on, and discussion of books, rules sets, periods, and projects galore.

Who knows, it may become a regular 'thing'.

All the very best
Phil



11 comments:

  1. Love to join you, however 2:30 am is a bit early for me doing a games discussion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, of course. If you're struggling to sleep you could join in!

      Delete
  2. I think it's a wonderful idea but I am only 1 hour different from MurdocK. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Peter... Shame we can't all abide by the same time zone! Phil

      Delete
  3. It's a brilliant idea Phil but Saturday is my day sorting orders at my Office, I shall look forward to seeing how it goes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Graham, you could always do that whilst sitting in the corner of the clubhouse, chipping in occasionally of course. It would give some of your custmoers an insight into behind the scenes at Crann Tara. Another time maybe. Phil

      Delete
  4. 11.30am on a Saturday? Who's even awake by then? Seriously. I will do my best. Will email you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely all wargamers are at their paint desk by 0800 on a Saturday aren't they Doug?
      Email received. Thanks. Responded, and zoom invitation sent. See you tomorrow. Phil

      Delete
  5. I look forward to hearing how this goes Phil. Personally I'm not too keen to get into "alternative" wargaming activities as it all distracts me from preparing for when I can have real flesh and blood chums round again! Good luck though and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great.. just do it Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Phil, and just a thought, but I thought the Lardies Oddcast was interesting.. what's the library, what's purchasing, and what's painting. I also thought a good topic might be, what did you ever want to wargame and didn't, and why?

    ReplyDelete