Friday 16 February 2024

Ottoman Spahis

February has been fairly productive in a bid to push the Eastern renaissance project along.

The Ottoman Spahis presented a number of options; 

- should I go with a uniform coat colour, and uniform lance pennants? 

- or uniform coats and non-uniformed lance pennants?

- or non-uniformed coats with uniformed lance pennants?

As you'll see, based on some illustrations I had seen and a hefty dose of personal preference, I went with various coloured coats and uniformed lance pennants!




Flag is by Mark Allen.

Figures by TAG.

Despite a number of people mentioning that Ottomans would never wear purple, I decided to include one figure in that colour, again simply out of personal preference.

Have been productive on a number of other units too, so more pictures to come when they are fully ready.

Meantime, thanks to all who commented on the previous post about Graham. Much appreciated.


20 comments:

  1. Some right choices, they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic painted figures Phil, thanks for sharing.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Willz. Glad you like them. Best rgds. Phil

      Delete
  3. It is always such a treat to ogle your latest units, Phil. Especially during one's own painting dry spells.

    Kind Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Stokes. I'm sure you will be back at the paint desk very soon. Best rgds. Phil

      Delete
  4. Some lovely work there and I think you went with the right choice of different coloured coats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Donnie. I agonised over the decision, but am happy about the end result. Phil

      Delete
  5. Super unit, nice variation of colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking unit full of animation, colour and the exotic. Really looking forward to seeing what you paint next…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Alan. I'm already onto the next unit. So much variety in the Ottomans, it's never a chore to paint. Best rgds. Phil

      Delete
  7. A hefty dose of personal preference always wins hands down for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice Phil…
    The Ottomans were one of my first wargames armies… Early strip 15mm Minifigs…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Aly. Those were the days! I seem to remember years ago Pat C mentioning your Ottomans to me from way back. Infamy at last! Best rgds. Phil.

      Delete
  9. I think it's all been said but I echo all of the above,
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephen. Am enjoying this project so much. Best rgds. Phil

      Delete
  10. Great job Phil - I never heard the Ottomans never wore purple - any reason?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx John. Not sure of the reason, but I do have a theory... will explain when we meet up for our Old Berks game! Best rgds. Phil

      Delete