I like to make my plans specific and succinct.
"Man with no target, hit nothing" - Old Chinese Proverb.
So here goes:
1. The 18th Century Pils-Holstein collection.
At the moment, I'm right on track with this. So for 2016, I want to get the armies to the next stage:
- Pils-Holstein and Prussians - 10 Battalions of infantry. Therefore need to have a further 4 battalions completed in 2016.
- French - 8 Battalions of infantry. Need just 1 more in 2016.
- Astrovians - 5 Battalions of infantry. Need to finish basing the 2 I've painted, and add a further 3, all of which are in progress.
I'll create enough units to have some games. This is a more vague approach, as it's really just a "side-project".
Ideal for 2016 would be:
- Sudan - a company of Brits and a tribe of Dervish (mixed Hadendowah and others).
- NWF - a platoon of Brits and a clan of Pathans, plus some additional bits n bobs.
The fun of this project is that it is rather unbridled, and I don't feel the need to constrain with too much of a strict schedule, although having enough basic units to game with is priority.
Really must do better this year.
Watch this space...
- February - Vapnartak, York. Hotel and trains are booked for a weekend in York with Dianne. On the Friday and Saturday we'll do York touristy stuff (I love the place). On the Sunday, the show is in the diary for me, while she gets to do more shopping/ relaxing at a spa or something! Looking forward to it.
- April - Salute, London. Yes! This will be my first ever Salute (bet that comes as a shock to many!) I've never been able to fit it into my schedule in the past, but I'm due to be in London that weekend anyway this year, so...
- May - Partizan I, Newark. Looking forward to the new venue.
- September - Partizan II. ditto.
- A.N.Other show sometime in autumn. Warfare/ Crisis/ something like that.
5. The Blog
I'm not one to let the hobby be driven by the need to report everything on the blog, so I don't always post stuff as it happens. However, I will do more frequent posts this year. And I have a plan to add a different aspect to the blog ...
6. The Ghabazaar Gazette?
I'm mindful that I should not "contaminate" this blog (which is primarily devoted to the 18th century Pils-Holstein project) with a load of stuff on the development of my Colonial "side project" (Victorian sideshow?!).
BUT, I still want to share progress with those who are interested.
So, I may create "The Ghabazaar Gazette" as an irregular, infrequent, as-and-when, downloadable PDF, and include game reports, project progress, and other Colonial snippets from Sudan, NW Frontier, and other goings on in Victorian England. That way, that stuff stays "off blog"... I'll simply announce the latest issue as I complete it.
That looks like a decent approach to the year.
Of course, all things are subject to change, the value of investments can go up as well as down, and your home may be at risk if you do not keep up yadda yadda... and any number of other caveats.
But, I'm happy that I have a plan, at least...
Looking forward to having your company on the journey.
By the way, please do comment if you have a view on The Ghabazaar Gazette idea (see point 6 above)...