Sunday 15 July 2018

Maps

This weekend, the Wars of the Vaubarian Succession (1704) have been at the fore, with two infantry units being worked on at the painting table.
Meanwhile, I've also been working on the campaign background, including the maps.

Here is a map of Vaubaria 


No fancy software or anything of that sort involved. I just sketched this out, then got the coloured crayons out... a bit of tongue out the side of mouth work does wonders!

Coming soon, maps of the whole Vaubaria - Astrovia region), and a map of the key area of operations between these two states.


10 comments:

  1. Your map looks beautiful. Cheers, Karl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your maps. They are inspiring.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to more.

    Best wishes
    Willie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx for your comments. I love doing maps, and I'm currently working on a regional map taking in the whole of the campaign area.
    It makes a nice interlude when painting large numbers of figures... and additional element to the hobby.
    Best regards
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phil, I have loved this map since you first posted it, and look forward to the regional version. To me it embodies the quintessential features of an Imagi-Nation campaign! Cheers, Rohan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice little map. I wish I could similar. I keep trying to do computer generated ones that never seem to work so never get further. Maybe I need to break out the crayons!

    Look forward to seeing more.

    A

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making such maps looks like time well spent - very therapeutic.
    This something I think I might try, many thanks for the inspiration.
    Best wishes,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete