Tuesday 2 October 2018

A Sicilian Adventure

26 years ago, my lovely daughter, Victoria, entered the world.
Where has the time gone?

We recently spent a week in Sicily where she got married.
A week in a lovely villa in the hills above Cefalu on the north coast, which we shared with my brother and his family and my siuster and her family... punctuated by a three night stay in the very top notch hotel Le Calette where the reception was held.

I've been to the island once before, but this time was extra special, of course.
I have never been more proud.

Just a few pictures...
















The pool at the villa.


Below: with Dianne.
Wedding day... and I decided to look particularly Sicilian in this picture... to blend in with the "in-laws"!

 

Below: with my son, Christopher.


Below: the happy couple. As any parent will say, "I just want my kids to be happy." Result!

Later on, Victoria and Marco arrive at the reception... a typically massive Sicilian affair, overlooking the sea from the hotel... amazing.
















Below: Two proud dads.

 
Below: the pool at Hotel Le Calette the morning after... 


 We added an extra day to our stay in the hotel... it was just so lovely.
Then back to the villa for a couple of days. 


With all the excitement over, I did get out my wargaming notebook to think and relax. I was joined by our tame gecko, Gordon, who sat on the adjacent seat for quite some time...

Below: meal out in Cefalu:
The rest of my siblings and partners and offspring... 
Brother, Steve (front left), and his wife Gina and baby Rye; plus sister, Cath (back right), and her husband Simon and their daughter, Layla. Plus my lad, Christopher (front right), and me at far end. Photo taken by Dianne.



I hope you'll forgive this personal intermission!
Soon I'll have some wargaming activity to report...


5 comments:

  1. That looks lovely. I never considered Sicily as a destination but perhaps I should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sicily is one place I'd like to visit (for the Garibaldi connection) , have to try and persuade my wife we need a holiday abroad (not mentioning Garibaldi )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see them all, Phil, glad you had a good time. Does Christopher do any wargaming?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvellous location for this great celebration. It looks like you had a lot of fun, and hopefully some rest as well - congratulations on your fine family. Cheers, Rohan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all. It was a fantastic week!
    All the best
    Phil

    ReplyDelete