In my previous post I made reference to a possible new project that had crossed my mind...
And thanks to those who commented and threw up their hands in horror, implying that I'd lost all credibility as a paragon of wargames focus!
You'll be pleased to know that, when I reflected on the benefits of the new idea, and compared it with what I am already doing with the Wars of The Vaubarian Succession (WVS), the latter won hands down.
A salutary lesson...
So, how did I draw myself back from a precipice that would have seen me descend into a chasm-like new project?
First, I considered why it was that Steve and I had chosen to do the WVS in the first place.
I revisited my notes: the rationale for choosing the period, the imagi-background, the figure range, the painting style, the rules, the terrain style, the unit organisation and basing style, the planned steady build up of forces with teaser battles along the way. It all still makes sense. I just needed to reconnect with it, and pick up the brush again.
Second, I considered how much I had already got done for WVS. it dawned on me that whatever the new project, it would take me quite a time to get to where I am already with WVS. So there would be no net gain for quite some time, whereas by just knuckling down and continuing with WVS, I already have a platform to build on.
Then I got stuck in, started a fresh unit, and will have something to show for that in the next week, I hope.
Sometimes, a rest is as good as a change! The brief respite from painting WVS figures was just the break I needed..
So, we're back on track!.
Phew... that was a close one!