Tuesday 1 March 2022

Painting a few 'bits n bobs'

Sometimes, our hobby is great for just 'pottering around' painting a few bits n bobs. You know, the sorts of things that you pick up at shows and then leave lying around until you 'get round to them' at some point - a point that often never comes!

I decided that I needed some more vignettes, some casualties, some fencing, and so on.

I also decided that it would be good to have a few more bits of 'place on' terrain items to represent scrub or rough ground... not huge tracts of wasteland, but the sort of little pieces that make our miniature landscapes a little more interesting than just plain flat grass. When out walking, I often pick up pieces of interesting looking twigs or stones that can be useful for such items.

I had built up a stock of all these things and set about the task...

So... here's a few recently created bits n bobs, made in between painting 'proper' units.






Nothing too fancy, nothing too difficult. But, all useful little items.

For the less verbose, the above post could have just read "Here's a few bits n bobs I've created"... So apologies for that! 

Cheers


8 comments:

  1. Phil all nice and very productive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, a nice collection of very useful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Good to see the rocks are suitably "spikey" and wind shaped rather than smooth river shaped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phil,
    A productive session and all look very nice. I have a few bits n bobs for the table but I think I definitely need more. Time to go foraging I think

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful modelling Phil, fantastic wargaming eye candy.


    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some good ideas I might very well pinch here, Phil! Very nice! Cheers, Rohan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully executed and presented as usual. I love the water features, make me feel thirsty!

    ReplyDelete