Friday 9 December 2022

Something fresh

A few years back, I painted several units from the North Star 1672 range. They subsequently ended up back in Nick of North Star's hands when I abandoned the project. But I've always loved the figures.

So, recently, I fancied doing a few again.

Here is French Regiment Auvergne:





I decided to reduce the 'uniformity' a little by doing some different shades of main coat colour, and also to vary the breeches a little, and some of the hats too.

I'm quite pleased with the result.

Not sure where this is leading, but I have enjoyed painting them.


8 comments:

  1. This regiment looks great, Phil! Start of a new project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The North Star 1672 range is a really super collection of figures. Your first regiment is lovely, top notch work on it and I like the slight changes in coat, hats breeches colours, works well. I really hope you do more as this is a great wee taster!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Phil, I like a base that offers up a bit more once you start to stare into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loves figures, excellent castings enhanced by your painting and basing. I will be interested to see where this takes you. Reducing the uniformity has been a great decision.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic looking regiment, great late 17th century eye candy.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done Phil. Are you still painting your flags on linen?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started a similar project Phil, and because the figures were so good I expended a lot of love on them before realising I couldnt face doing two whole armies of them. I then sold the lot for a song. I regretted it then and still regret it now, so best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like and paint these figures too, so was pleased to see these here. Do you have plans to do anymore?
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete